Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Review by Edan (Sorry, I haven't posted much lately. I have been really busy with homework and high school applications :)
Title: The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants (Sisterhood #1)
Author: Ann Brashares
Published: 2001
Publisher: Delacorte Press

Summary:
A tight knit group of high school friends, Carman, Tibby, Lena and Bridget begin an exciting summer with a pair of pants. Carman had found "The Pants" at a thrift store. They were your average blue jeans, but were more then just average to this group of friends, to them they were magical. As these four split different ways over the summer, the Traveling Pants collected each of their stories. With Lena in Greece, Tibby staying home, Carman visiting her dad in South Carolina and Bridget at a soccer camp in Mexico, these pants travel from person to person, binding them even though each girl has had so many different experiences. And when they finally meet again with the same trust and love, they have the pants to thank.

Review:
I thought this was a very fun and entertaining book. The reader follows each person's very different story, and you really begin to empathize and understand each character. It was hard at first, because the author changes character and character seamlessly, I was reading about Carman and flipped the page and was suddenly reading about Tibby. This style was really easy to get used to though. It felt as though I was reading 5 different books at the same time. One about each girl, and the story about all of them together. I enjoy fantasy books, but I also like to read about real life magic. The type of magic that follows us everywhere and shines through the trees and friendships. It was a fun read that made me want to know what was coming next, causing me to finish the book in two days :) I can't wait to read the second one and see what adventures await them. I would recommend this book to any teenager looking for a good read full of friends, emotions and trying to understand yourself and others.

Rating:****

No comments:

Post a Comment